Advisor on Gender Based Violence to the National Haitian Police, Office of Women s Affairs - Haiti
Entreprise: Prodigy Government Services, LLC
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 1 mai 2013
Publiée le: Apr 01, 2013
Advisor on Gender Based Violence to the National Haitian Police, Office of Women s Affairs - Haiti at Prodigy Government Services, LLC
Description du poste:
The position function is to provide managerial, strategic and substantive direction and mentoring to the Office of Women s Affairs in the HNP. The incumbent will incorporate into her/his duties the coordination with the HNP sex and gender-based violence aspects of the DOS/INL/NAS and related U.S. Government programs in Haiti. The advisor shall coordinate all activities with the NAS Director, attend regular meetings at the Embassy with the NAS Director, and be responsible for preparing a written monthly report, which not only details activities undertaken, but provides an assessment of challenges and successes to INL programs and the work of the HNP Office of Feminine Affairs.
• Incorporate into their duties the coordination with the HNP of all SGBV/Domestic violence aspects of the DOS/INL/NAS programs in Haiti.
• Help establish the Unit s Mission Statement and Implementation Plan
• Advise on the needs (material, training and skills) required under implementation plan including establishment of SOPs for HNP on SGBV/Domestic Violence, based on international best practices;
• Assist in the development of management oversight measures to monitor adherence to implementation plan and SOPs by all HNP members;
• Advise on training needs, and assist in identification of training programs that address HNP s needs to build capacity to respond to SGBV/Domestic Violence.
• Provide useful advice to the Head of Office of Feminine Affairs in liaising with other HNP/GOH entities (i.e. BPM) the international community and civil society groups working with victims of SGBV/Domestic violence.
• Prepare concise and accurate records and reports. Keeps INL/NAS regularly informed of programmatic and political developments.
• Perform other duties as required
Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in English at the Foreign Service Institute (FSI) Language Proficient Rating of 4 required.
• Proficiency in French and Haitian Creole at the Foreign Service Institute (FSI) Language Proficient Rating of 3 required.
• Ability to evaluate job task performance of others within assigned field and to make appropriate recommendations for correct task performance.
• In-depth knowledge of the Haitian National Police mandate.
• Ability to effectively train other individuals in specified areas of expertise.
• A working knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid United States driver s license.
• Able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Experience & Education
• Eight (8) years of work experience with a minimum of five (5) years of experience with a federal, state, municipal or county law enforcement service.
• Minimum ten (10) years of relevant work experience.
• Previous international experience, specifically dealing with sexual and gender based violence/domestic violence.
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent police or corrections academy certificate.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Ability to perform key responsibilities under conditions which may include: limited supervision and resources, personal security risks, conflicting and changing priorities, primitive life support (lodging, food, and HVAC), language barriers, transportation limitations, disease, etc.
• Must be able to pass and maintain the physical fitness, psychological, medical, defense tactics, and fire arms qualification requirements set forth by the contract.
• This is an international position. Ability/Available to travel internationally to potential austere environments.
Contact: Rick Ford – firstname.lastname@example.org