Target Jurisdiction Manager
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 31 octobre 2012
Publiée le: Sep 20, 2012
Target Jurisdiction Manager at USAID/PROJUSTICE
Description du poste:
Tetra Tech DPK seeks Target Jurisdiction Managers (local employment contract only) for the USAID-funded Improved Justice Service Delivery and Sector Reform in Haiti (PROJUSTICE) project. This position is based in Target Jurisdiction (Port au Prince, Croix des Bouquets or Saint Marc) with regular visits to PROJUSTICE headquarters in Port-au-Prince.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP) and/or Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the candidate will:
• Serve as a liaison between the Target Jurisdiction partners and PROJUSTICE.
• Ensure that the registry system for criminal case files is being followed properly in the Target Jurisdiction.
• Ensure that monitoring of criminal cases in the Court of First Instance, Prosecutor’s Office and Peace Court (s) is appropriately and consistently done.
• Facilitate coordination between different members of the judicial system (ex: judges, prosecutors, prison authorities, police and defense attorneys) and other stakeholders in the Target Jurisdiction by helping to organize periodic meetings between the chiefs/decision makers of the various bodies/structures of the judicial system and the other stakeholders.
• Provide assistance for the improvement of criminal case preparation and presentation at the different levels of the penal chain, particularly the Prosecutors’ Office, Peace Courts, and Court of First Instance.
• Support the management of the Peace Courts and report on activities carried out.
• Assist in the implementation of the legal assistance program in the Target Jurisdiction, especially with regard to illegal or prolonged pretrial detention cases.
• Assist with the implementation of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and civic legal education activities on site at the Target Jurisdiction.
• Help with planning and implementing project-sponsored public awareness campaigns in the Target Jurisdiction.
• Identify the needs for training in the Target Jurisdiction.
• Supervise the interns assigned to the Target Jurisdiction.
• Ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of project activities in the Target Jurisdiction, including but not limited to regular field visits.
• Perform any other related tasks assigned by the COP and/or DCOP.
• Law degree
• Fluency in English, French, and Creole
• Good writing skills
• 7-10 years of relevant work experience
• Exceptionally organized and proven ability to keep multi-phased projects/activities on track and on-budget
• Self-starter and independent, able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff
• Technology-literate – PC skills, MS Word, Excel, Internet.
A propos de USAID/PROJUSTICE
PROJUSTICE is a rule of law project in Haiti funded by USAID and implemented by Tetra Tech DPK. PROJUSTICE also operates a Kay Jistis (house of justice) in Martissant and Cité Soleil to provide free legal assistance to indigent people, support to victims of crime, mediation training, and civic legal.