Pretrial Detention Coordinator
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 31 octobre 2012
Publiée le: Sep 20, 2012
Pretrial Detention Coordinator at USAID/PROJUSTICE
Description du poste:
Tetra Tech DPK seeks a pretrial detention coordinator (local employment contract only) for the USAID-funded Improved Justice Service Delivery and Sector Reform in Haiti (PROJUSTICE) project. The candidate will support PROJUSTICE in its efforts to assist in the reduction of illegal or prolonged pretrial detention, particularly of women, in Port-au-Prince, Cap Haitien/Fort Liberte, Saint Marc, and Croix des Bouquets.
Under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and/or Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and direct supervision of the Pretrial Detention Team Leader, the candidate will carry out the following duties for PROJUSTICE, based in the headquarters in Port-au-Prince:
• Interview prisoners in pretrial detention
• Develop a database of pending pretrial detention cases
• Prioritize cases for resolution based on inputs from the Prosecutor’s Office, prison authorities, advocates, medical experts, and others
• Seek and obtain agreement from authorities to release identified prisoners, who have been detained illegally or excessively (pre- or post-trial) in violation of Haitian law or applicable international human rights treaties
• Monitor implementation of the new case management process.
• Any other related tasks assigned by the COP, DCOP, or Pretrial Detention Manager.
• Law degree
• Fluency in English, French, and Creole
• Good writing skills
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience
• Exceptionally organized and able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff
• Technology-literate – PC skills, MS Word, Excel, Internet
A propos de USAID/PROJUSTICE
PROJUSTICE is a rule of law project in Haiti funded by USAID and implemented by Tetra Tech DPK. PROJUSTICE also operates a Kay Jistis (house of justice) in Martissant and Cité Soleil to provide free legal assistance to indigent people, support to victims of crime, mediation training, and civic legal.