Cap Haitien/Fort Liberte Regional Manager - Haiti
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Cap Haitien, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 31 octobre 2010
Publiée le: Sep 20, 2012
Cap Haitien/Fort Liberte Regional Manager - Haiti at USAID/PROJUSTICE
Description du poste:
Tetra Tech DPK seeks a Cap Haitien/Fort Liberte Regional Manager (local employment contract only) for the USAID-funded Improved Justice Service Delivery and Sector Reform in Haiti (PROJUSTICE) project. This position is based in Cap Haïtien.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP) and/or Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the candidate will:
• Manage project’s effort to support the Prosecutor’s Offices and the Courts of First Instance in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté to improve the efficiency of justice delivery with a focus on case administration/ management, and to reduce pretrial illegal or prolonged detention.
• Manage project’s effort with the prisons to reduce pretrial illegal or prolonged detention, particularly of women, in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté in coordination with project staff, consultants and interns.
• Establish working groups or committees with judges, prosecutors, other justice sector officials and the bar associations in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté, with the goal of developing and implementing judicial reform plans and initiatives in accordance with DPK’s PACT process.
• Oversee initiatives in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté aimed at improving access to justice including free legal assistance provided in collaboration with the bar associations and bureaux d’assistance légale (or BALs), public awareness activities, civic legal education and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) training .
• Ensure tools to monitor and evaluate progress in service delivery in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté, in particular reducing bottlenecks, illegal or prolonged pretrial detention and improving justice service delivery and case management efficiency.
• Coordinate with other donor-funded regional bureaus and sections to effectively provide support to justice actors in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté.
• Ensure the follow up of all procurement procedures regarding the activities to be implemented as part of the decentralized support in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté.
• Supervise all staff affected to the decentralized support in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté.
• Work in close collaboration with legal institutions and associations as well as civil society organizations to promote judicial reform and the rule of law in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté.
• Proactively ensures communication and coordination with the justice actors in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté.
• Ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of project activities in Cap Haïtien / Fort Liberté, including but not limited to regular field visits in both jurisdictions.
• Perform any other related tasks assigned by the COP and/or DCOP.
• Law degree
• Fluency in English, French, and Creole
• Good writing skills
• 10-15 years of relevant work experience
• Exceptionally organized and proven ability to keep multi-phased projects/activities on track and on-budget
• Self-starter and independent, able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff
• Technology-literate – PC skills, MS Word, Excel, Internet.
A propos de USAID/PROJUSTICE
PROJUSTICE is a rule of law project in Haiti funded by USAID and implemented by Tetra Tech DPK. PROJUSTICE also operates a Kay Jistis (house of justice) in Martissant and Cité Soleil to provide free legal assistance to indigent people, support to victims of crime, mediation training, and civic legal.