Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Entreprise: PLAN HAITI
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Petion-Ville, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 17 octobre 2012
Publiée le: Sep 17, 2012
Monitoring & Evaluation Manager at PLAN HAITI
Description du poste:
• Elaborate a conceptual framework, Work Plan and Project Management Plan for the M&E activities
• Oversee a comprehensive baseline study to inform key activities for the life of the project.
• Lead the ‘Annual Review’ process to ensure that program activities are appropriate and are being implemented in accordance with the annual work plan.
Organize and oversee a midterm evaluation in year 3 of the project, and end-line evaluation in year 5.
• Build the capacity of local partner organizations to monitor and evaluate their activities.
• Organize and Conduct regular training of AKSE team members and stakeholders in relevant M&E skills
• Lead project data quality control
• Organize project Data validation workshop involving AKSE team members and other related stakeholders
Prepare high quality reports based on project data semi-annually and annually and revise as requested, all in a timely manner and in accordance with USAID requirements
• Possess very good organizational skills
• Deliver according to tight deadlines
• Anticipate upcoming activities and reports and prepare accordingly
• Throughout the project making recommendations on how to improve cost-effectiveness, impact and sustainability;
Qualifications & Experiences
• A master’s degree or equivalent experience in Sociology, Anthropology, Education or related area with knowledge of social research methods.
• Minimum five years experience developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems for international development projects
• Strong analytical skills and computer skills in Word, Excel, and Access.
• Demonstrable knowledge of child protection, gender based violence, and women’s empowerment.
• Knowledge of Haiti; the geopolitical factors affecting child-poverty in the country and the political, social and environmental opportunities for change is preferred
• Demonstrable Knowledge about data quality, management, and analysis.
• Knowledge of programming for development
• Fluent in French and good written and spoken English
• Strong knowledge of USAID reporting requirements
• Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis
• Able to use various information and communication technologies including statistical packages,
• Proven skill in the management of effective and motivated teams
• Effective working with and through community-based partners
• Demonstrated experience in conflict management and coaching
• Self motivated leader with a passion for social justice
• High standards of integrity and transparency in all his/her actions to become a role model for the entire organization.
• Able to analyse problems, use ethical judgement, handle ambiguity and make sound decisions
• Commitment to continuous improvement of the quality and impact of AKSE
• Demonstrate a high level of communication skills and capacity to build strong working relationships.
• Good judgement while working within a consortium of international NGOs, local organizations, government agencies, and multiple stakeholders.
Only short listed candidates shall be contacted. The candidates finally selected should comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization.
Plan international is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability, committed to the protection of children and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect this.
A propos de PLAN HAITI
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children as possible - particularly those who are excluded or marginalized - with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits. It strives to operate effectively by increasing and diversifying its income sources and working in partnerships and alliances with others. Thus, Plan Haiti is a partner in the USAID funded project named ASKE or Aksyon Kolektif pou Sekirite kont Ekspwatasyon (Haitian Creole for “Collective Action for the Security of Children, Women, and Youth) project. AKSE is a 5-year project led by CARE, with Plan and Save the Children as p artners.
The overall goal of the AKSE project is to improve the safety and security of women, children and youth in Haiti by decreasing the incidence of human rights abuse and expanding access to treatment and care. The shared vision of the AKSE partners is to facilitate change that leads to a national, country-led approach to resolving protection issues and recognizes that identifying and addressing the interconnected and complex linkages between vulnerabilities is critical to realizing sustainable advances in human rights for all Haitians.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will provide oversight of the program’s monitoring and evaluation responsibilities including developing and supporting the implementation the M&E Framework, systems and processes and reporting against performance indicators.
The M&E system includes both quantitative and qualitative data collected at a variety of levels and ensure that high quality data are collected and shared with program stakeholders on a regular basis. The M&E Manager will also support AKSE sub-grantees in the development of appropriate monitoring instruments.