Entreprise: Save the Children
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 25 juillet 2012
Publiée le: Jul 11, 2012
Operations Manager at Save the Children
Description du poste:
The Operations Manager is a member of the Port-au-Prince Field Office (PAP FO) whose primary role is to lead the overall operations team, build capacity of staff, strengthen operational systems and oversee the physical relocation of the FO closer to its program areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strengthen operations systems within the PAP FO (procurement, fleet management, stock and asset management, and administration):
• Assess current systems and staff structure.
• Provide recommendations to improve office administration and logistics.
• Build capacity of staff to properly use operation systems, analyze results and proactively resolve issues
Oversee transition of PAP FO relocation closer to program areas (i.e. Pacot).
• Assess facility needs (space for staff, stock, vehicles, security, communications).
• Oversee facility search and selection/contract process.
• Plan and oversee logistics involved in move of staff and assets.
Oversee Fleet/Dispatch, Procurement, Stock Management, Logistics staff to ensure the following:
• Fleet/Dispatch - Ensure proper use, maintenance and repair of vehicles including use of fleet mgmt tools, i.e. tracking sheets monitoring tools, log books etc.
• Procurement – Improve use of procurement tracker, reinforce understanding and adherence to policy and procedure for all staff (training), improve systems to increase transparency and improve procurement lead time.
• Logistics – set up a system to support program logistics, facilitation support for distribution of materials to program sites, overseeing small construction works, etc.
• Stock Management – centralize and standardize management of materials in the field office and on the premises; support regular review of warehouse inventory.
• Asset Inventory – maintain asset inventory per policy.
Staff Capacity Building: assess, develop and deliver trainings to the operations and program teams as needed.
Support to Field Manager
• Daily support as needed to assist Field Manager in supply chain management / logistics.
• Follow up as requested on security issues.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
• A relevant advanced degree or certification is preferred.
• At least 14 years of work experience.
• 5 years experience working in an operations related role with international non-government organizations (INGOs).
• Must speak and write French fluently, English and/or Creole fluency strongly preferred Experience in developing and delivering operations training preferred.
Strong interpersonal skills with different cultures, capacities and levels of staff
Must exhibit active listening skills and be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all organizational levels
Ability to lead an analysis of the current operational processes and to reengineer or redesign existing processes to improve functionality and quality
Working knowledge of international non-profit financial management practices
Ability to effectively manage staff and build capacity
Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Supportive and collaborative disposition.
A propos de Save the Children
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Do you have the leadership skills and experience that Save the Children is seeking to deliver our ambitious goals and breakthroughs for children?