Entreprise: Commercial and Industrial company
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 18 juillet 2012
Publiée le: May 30, 2012
International Buyer at Commercial and Industrial company
Description du poste:
This position is responsible to assist the Purchasing Department for placing and following up with the international orders placed by all CIF departments with their Request Orders. This entails, contacting various suppliers to acknowledge, and obtain an estimated ready date for the orders placed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1) Process Request (RO) / Purchase Orders (PO) from CIF internal Customer (international).
2) Maintain contact with Suppliers to obtain quotations for items that are requested.
3) Work with Luckett to obtain a PO for each approved RO and send the PO to the vendor.
4) Update Access Database.
5) Resolves problems with purchases or services; discusses defective or unacceptable goods/services with vendors in accordance with quality assurance procedures.
6) Identifies new suppliers and assess conformance of products and services to company standards; develops new supply sources.
• At least 3 years of purchasing experience, or equivalent; preferably in same field.
• Excellent commander & communicator.
• Must be organized and efficient and able to meet deadlines.
• Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of Microsoft software packages such as Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Speak English, French and Creole. Working knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
• Ability to manage the financial aspects of the assigned function, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost efficiencies