Value Chain Expert
Entreprise: RTI International
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 20 mai 2012
Publiée le: Apr 20, 2012
Value Chain Expert at RTI International
Description du poste:
RTI is recruiting candidates for a large, three-year value chain and enterprise development project in Haiti. The Local Enterprise and Value Enhancement (LEVE) project will increase employment in Haiti through support to MSMEs and the value chains in which they operate. The project will focus on the three development corridors of Cap Haitien, Saint-Marc, and Port-au-Prince, and primarily target three sectors (construction, apparel and textiles, and agribusiness) for broad-based employment generation.
The Value Chain Expert will be responsible for the overall leadership in components related to value chain development in the target sectors and ancillary value chains which support them.
• Masters Degree or higher in Economics, Finance, Business or relevant field.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in value chain development, competitiveness, or inclusive economic growth strategies including demonstrated success through the use of market facilitation principles especially in a development country environment; past experience working in SME development is highly desirable.
• At least 10 years of experience working in textile/apparel and construction sectors in environments comparable to Haiti (agribusiness sector experience desirable)
• Experience with donor-funded projects
• Fluency in English and French; Haitian Creole highly desirable.
• Demonstrated understanding of Haitian context.
To learn more about RTI and our work in international development, please visit www.rti.org/idg.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
A propos de RTI International
RTI International (RTI) is one of the world's leading independent, non-profit research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Founded in 1958, RTI now has on-going operations in more than 50 countries, over 3,000 staff worldwide and annual revenue of over $700 million. RTI provides cutting-edge research and technical assistance in a wide range of areas including agriculture, SME finance and development, work force development and global value chains, business environment, impact evaluation, innovation, survey research and statistics. Our experts frequently collaborate across technical areas to utilize the breadth of our institutional capacity and provide superior services to our clients. These include the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation, World Bank, U.K. Department for International Development, foreign governments, private clients, and others.