Entreprise: International Organization for Migration
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 16 mai 2012
Publiée le: Apr 16, 2012
Security Assistant at International Organization for Migration
Description du poste:
Under the direct supervision of the National Field Security Officer and the overall supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the incumbent will assist the Field Security Officer in all its tasks. In particular she/he will perform the following tasks.
Core functions / responsibilities:
• Contribute effectively to the management of all activities related to security, in Port-Au-Prince as in provinces.
• Provide initial security briefing, and conduct Security assessment at new Arrival and existing international’s Residence and submit appropriate recommendations.
• Have a close collaboration with UNDSS, MINUSTAH, HNP and all the authorities of the country in general.
• Always follow adequately all the rules and regulations of the United Nations, including IOM.
• Work with experts, civil, military and police, attached to the United Nations and MINUSTAH in Haiti and implement all the recommendations regularly, daily basis if needed.
• Ensure periodic updated plans and will accompany the organization for early warning and help to have emergency information.
• Assist in identifying areas of support and intervention and formulate proposals for programs / projects, for resource mobilization needed in the field ( fire extinguishers and other safety management kits)
• Assist in drafting annual reports, strategic studies and other developed documents, and maintain an information system regarding results, best practices, and lessons learnt.
• Assist in training agents of private companies, contracted by IOM.
• Assist in evaluation all security and safety parameters related to unexpected activities and incidents.
• Hold a database of regular updated actions (Department and local partners)
• Participate in all training activities (as trainer or trainee) implemented by the HR or his supervisor (seminars and awareness training for colleagues)
• Assist in the processes of declarations of incidents occurred in mission’s operations or any other type in coordination with the incumbent and the National Haitian Police (PNH)
• Demonstrate commitment to the mission vision and values:
• Respect the personal and cultural differences (gender, religion, race, nationality, age)
• Ability to be a leader and facilitate interactions with Government authorities as centralized-decentralized, the various partners Civil society and the private sector, different UN agencies
• Very good spirit of creativity, innovation and vision
• Demonstrate ability to analyze technical issues, to formulate proposals
• Good methodology of work
• Strong ability to take initiatives
• Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
• Great writing and oral communication, both in English and French
• Great organizational skills, adaptability, flexibility
• Be discreet, smiling, honest, available and committed
• Master the different procedures relating to national security (ALL the structures of the Police Nationale d’Haiti (PNH) and the Delegations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
• Able to perform various specialized tasks related to management, including designing, planning and implementing a safety program
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• Secondary level in Policy Academy training, Business Administration or other related subjects.
• At least 4 years experience in a similar position, especially in NGO or International Organization is an asset.
• Good writing, communication, organizational and computer skills.
• Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results; capacity to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
• Ability to work long hours and under pressure.
• Fluency in English and French
During his continuous evaluation, the assistant will need to show harmonious interpersonal relationships and permanent and effective mechanism of coordination at any time, a perfect knowledge and master of security and safety plans and regulations of OIM and the UN. It will be important to notify about him a perfect integration and collaboration with all the other sections.
A propos de International Organization for Migration
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
On 12 January 2010, Haiti was severely hit by a magnitude 7.0 earthquake that left an estimated 1.2 million displaced, principally within the capital city of Port-au-Prince, as well as the surrounding region. The level of damage caused to public and private infrastructure has led to the establishment of hundreds of spontaneous displacement sites.