Value chain expert
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 16 mai 2012
Publiée le: Apr 14, 2012
Value chain expert at Chemonics
Description du poste:
Chemonics seeks a value chain expert for the anticipated USAID-funded Local Enterprise and Value Chain Enhancement project to promote economic growth, increased employment, and workforce development in Haiti. The project aims to facilitate more productive and inclusive agriculture, construction, and apparel value chains. The value chain expert will be based in Port-au-Prince and travel throughout the country. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Identify Haiti-specific constraints to growth and increased profitability and develop approaches to overcome them
• Work within identified sectors with potential for economic growth in Haiti and create and implement action plans to revitalize them
• Standardize the strategies and action plans for producers' growth and increased profitability so they are easily and generally replicable
• Advanced degree in economics, business, management, international development, public administration, or other relevant field
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in value chain development, competitiveness, or inclusive economic growth strategies, including demonstrated success through the use of market facilitation principles in a development country environment
• Experience working in small and medium enterprise development preferred
• Minimum 10 years of experience working in textile/apparel and construction sectors in environments comparable with Haiti; agribusiness sector experience preferred
• Experience with donor-funded projects
• Demonstrated understanding of the Haitian context
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Oral and written fluency in English or French required; working ability in Haitian Creole a plus
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com when applying for this position. Please include the name of the position and the country in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, or genetic information.