Finance and Administrative Officer
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 22 avril 2012
Publiée le: Mar 22, 2012
Finance and Administrative Officer at URC-CHS
Description du poste:
HCI has been asked by USAID/Haiti to provide technical support to ministry and other stakeholders to develop minimum standards of care for vulnerable children. HCI is recruiting a Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) to implement and ensure adherence to financial policy, budgets and internal control measures for the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project in Haiti. This position will oversee the overall administrative and financial management function, produce timely financial reports, lead the preparation of budgets, and ensure compliance with USAID and URC-CHS regulations regarding accounting, auditing and financial management requirements. In addition, the FAO will be responsible for the in-country accounting procedures at all levels of the project: headquarters and provincial/regional. They will ensure transparent financial transactions are allocable, allowable, and reasonable.
1. Financial duties
• Ensure the production of the financial reports such as the field reports, timesheets, expenditures reports and travel expense statements for staff and consultants.
• Monitor the project budget as well as help with the establishment and running of an accounting system.
• Ensure the accurate and timely submission of monthly projection to Headquarters as well as the timely submission of all financial reports and billings including the financial field report ( project must adhere to USAID/URC regulations)
• Track expenses against budget and ensure expenses are in line with project activities
• Ensure accurate staff timesheets are submitted to HQ in a timely manner
• Assist with the development of financial policies including travel and per diem, procurement and commodity management policies that comply with USAID/URC-CHS and Federal Government of Haiti regulations.
2. Administrative duties
• Ensure that the office is organized (e.g., clean office environment, respond to all business inquiries, handle procurement of goods and services)
• Ensure proper staff recruitment and selection.
• Develop travel processes and procedures that adhere to the overall HCI/USAID travel policy.
• Coordinate all travel, including ensuring proper authorization, bookings, car log and driver logs
• Maintain a proper log of all incoming and outgoing correspondence as well as a central filing system that includes reports, correspondence, and contracts
• Travel with technical advisors to the field to assist with logistics for trainings and field visits
• Other duties as required
• Bachelor level degree in business administration, finance, economy or 5 years of related work experience.
• 2-3 years’ experience with USAID or other government-funded project administration management and supervision activity required.
• Excellent financial management, systems development and writing skills.
• Experience with QuickBooks accounting software highly preferred.
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and French. Proficiency in Creole preferred.
• Track record of working successfully in a team environment.
A propos de URC-CHS
The Health Care Improvement (HCI) Project funded by USAID is dedicated to improving health and social services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country ministries, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies. The project is a global leader in the advocacy, development, and promotion of cost-effective methods to design and improve healthcare services and systems in developing and middle-income countries. The HCI Project is managed by the Quality and Performance Institute (QPI), a division of University Research Co., LLC. – Center for Human Services (URC-CHS). Visit our websites at www.hciproject.org and www.urc-chs.com for more information on the HCI project and URC-CHS.