Entreprise: IntraHealth International
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 21 avril 2012
Publiée le: Mar 21, 2012
Project Director at IntraHealth International
Description du poste:
The Project Director will provide leadership and oversight for the donor funded project: Building the Workforce for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Haiti. The project has two main foci: (1) reinforcing the skills of Haitian social workers and training community based workers in OVC case management; and, (2) strengthening performance management skills and systems. This position will oversee all project activities, including training and performance management support to Haitian agencies and organizations. The project director is expected to lead the training efforts, including developing and reviewing content and methodologies for training social workers, community agents and their supervisors. The project director will also be responsible for overseeing a technical advisor on performance management. Additionally, the Project Director will provide management and financial oversight for all activities; provide training and technical assistance; work collaboratively with partners, and, maintain excellent relations with the donor in developing and gaining approval for work plans and budgets for all country-level work.
• Provide strategic leadership and technical expertise for the entire project, closely working with staff and local partners.
• Work with partners to ensure effective implementation of training programs and technical assistance for improved performance management;
• Ensure oversight, regulatory compliance and best use of project finances and material resources.
• Hire and oversee performance of training and performance management staff.
• Regularly travel to the program’s target regions to monitor progress and provide technical assistance and program management
• Ensure that program goals, training activities and support for performance management are delivered on time and within budget.
1. Holds a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW), Education or other related fields with at least 5 years experience in the field of education and training
2. Three to five years of experience with training adults, preferably in the fields of Social Work and Community Development
3. Knowledge of the national protection framework for OVC and other vulnerable groups in Haiti
4. Experience with skills in coaching, mentoring and managing performance
5. Strong planning and scheduling skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task detailed complex tasks concurrently bringing them in on time and within budget
6. Effective written and oral communication in English, French, or Haitian Creole
7. Demonstrated teaming qualities including effective listening skills, conflict resolution/transformation skills, effective participatory decision-making strategies, and interpersonal skills that lead to collective ownership by stakeholders and partners in the project’s results
This is a position with IntraHealth International in Haiti. The position is pending upon donor award. For immediate consideration, please apply by visiting IntraHealth’s career page at http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers and follow the instructions to submit an online application, including submitting your most recent CV/resume (3 page maximum and in Rich Text Format (RTF)) and Biodata form (found at http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers).
IntraHealth International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
A propos de IntraHealth International
For over 30 years, in more than 90 countries, IntraHealth International has empowered health workers to better serve communities in need. IntraHealth fosters local solutions to health care challenges by improving health worker performance, strengthening health systems, harnessing technology, and leveraging partnerships.
In collaboration with governments, nongovernmental organizations, and private-sector organizations around the world, IntraHealth champions the needs and contributions of health workers—from doctors and nurses to community health workers to health facility managers—and works to ensure they have the tools, supplies, information, training, and support they need to provide communities they serve with the best possible opportunity for health and well-being.