Child Protection Project Coordinator
Entreprise: Plan Haiti
Type de contrat de travail:
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Localisation: Fort Liberte, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 12 décembre 2011
Publiée le: Nov 22, 2011
Child Protection Project Coordinator at Plan Haiti
Description du poste:
The role of the Child Protection Project Coordinator is oversee the successful implementation of Plan Haiti’s new Child Protection programme in the North-east department, « Asanm kont vyolans sou timoun ! » : ensemble contre la violence a l’égard des enfants. Co-financed by Plan International UK/Haiti and the Delegation of the European Commission in Haiti the project aims at strengthening the protective framework for vulnerable children in the North-east over the next three years.
The Child Protection Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the achievement of the following three results:
1. Vulnerable children in the North-East benefit from a child protection framework that facilitates their access to adequate services;
2. Children and youth networks Northeast mobilize for the protection of the most vulnerable children and engage local and regional decision makers about their rights;
3. The ability of state and non-state Northeast to meet the needs of vulnerable children is strenghtened.
He/she will ensure that all aspects of the Program are executed in accordance with expectations, rules and regulations of the donor (EC), Plan’s Child Centered Community Development approach and with best practices in the sector of child protection.
He/she will ensure that productive, harmonious and supportive relations are maintained with the partner, state and non-state actors operating in the field of child protection in the North-east and at national level in Haiti.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Ensure the timely and effective realisation of preparatory and programme activities in coordination with the partners and in a participatory way, including all project stakeholders and compliance with the donor contract;
• Manage and supervise relationships with Plan-funded formal partner, informal partners (coordination with other child protection agencies in the North-East), contractors and consultants;
• Manage the project budget and expenditure ensuring that all complies with the rules and regulation of the donor and Plan’s internal standards;
• Liaise on a daily, weekly and monthly basis with the partner and Plan Haiti colleagues in the across Haiti to guarantee the smooth running of the programme.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
• Ensure clear plans in place for monitoring and evaluating project activities in relation to the objectives; Facilitate participatory M&E tools and mechanisms at the level of the partner and all structures put in place by the project, especially the children’s clubs.
• Ensure regular monitoring and evaluating of all project activities and that lessons learnt are documented shared and capitalized on. Ensure consistency in data collection and impact indicators from the baseline to the mid-term and final evaluations, ensuring that learning from research and practice are factored in re-defining the approach and planning of the programme 9with all actors involved)
• Liaison, negotiation and building of alliances and partnerships with governmental bodies (MAST/IBESR/ BPM) and other agencies involved in child protection, together with the Child protection Advisor based in Plan Haiti, central level; This is a key aspect of the role, that is supporting all actors involved in prevention and service delivery for at-risk children coordinate their actions in the North-East and contribute effectively to the child protection networks set up by the project.
• Work in synergy with other sectors (Plan-funded initiatives especially) in the North-East notably youth participation, sexual and reproductive health and disaster risk reduction.
Technical skills in child protection
• Able to deliver training and capacity building on child protection in line with nationally defined strategy and other national/ relevant NGO protocols; experience of identification of vulnerable children, referral pathways, coordination with other service delivery actors; case management/ social work and community based child protections systems;
• Participatory approach and mindset; working with Haitian partner, government and community groups in an empowering way
• Ensure the principles of child protection, gender equity, inclusion and diversity are promoted by the within the project activities and the project contributes to respond to eth differentiated needs of boys and girls.
• Representation of Plan Haiti on Child protection issues at departmental level;
• Contribution to Plan’s overall strategy and operations in Haiti.
Competencies and Personal Qualities
• Ensures partner organizations understand the programme and their roles within it; ensure empowering and meaningful partnership.
• Consults widely and promotes active involvement of relevant stakeholders, especially children;
• Challenges poor performance and inappropriate behaviour; ensure Plan internal child protection policy and Code of Conduct is included in trainings targeted at res partners and all project stakeholders
• Able to support, influence and work collaboratively with state and non-state civil society actors;
• Handles difficult cases in a sensitive, firm and fair manner;
• Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the traditions and practices of other cultures;
Communications and Influencing
Able to communicate verbally and on paper in French and ideally English / Creole;
Presents clear, coherent arguments backed up by facts and relevant information;
Listens to others and takes their views into account;
Demonstrate strong representational and advocacy skills;
Coaching and mentoring
Spends time coaching, reviewing performance and agreeing clear goals with partner organizations;
Problem Solving and Analysis
Copes effectively with ambiguity and/or new situations;
Uses wide range of sources of data to inform decision making;
Makes decisions at a speed appropriate to the issue;
Technical Skills and Knowledge
Keeps up to date with trends and national policies in the professional area;
Applies current professional global and national ‘best practices’ in implementing the programme.
Risk Level of Position: High (direct contact with children).
Responsibility Level: High
A propos de Plan Haiti
Plan Haiti an international child centred community development organization, is looking for a dynamic and results oriented person to fill the position of Child Protection Project Coordinator. This position is based in the Fort Liberte, and reports to the Child protection Advisor(CO)