Chief Operating Officer
Entreprise: Foundation Rasin Devlopman
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Ile de la Gonave, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 1 mars 2019
Publiée le: Nov 20, 2018
Chief Operating Officer at Foundation Rasin Devlopman
Description du poste:
RASIN DEVLOPMAN is currently hiring for the position of Chief Operating Officer (COO). It is a full-time staff position based out of Port-au-Prince that includes regular travel to/from La Gonave. The COO will be the senior executive for the organization based in Haiti and will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of the organization and overseeing its growth. The COO will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening the organization’s operations by overseeing its administrative and programmatic activities, managing personnel, and leading its fundraising efforts. He/she will be responsible for developing and maintaining partnerships with diverse organizations, institutions, and companies that can provide Rasin with new sources of funding and/or other resources helpful to its growth. The position involves a wide range of diverse duties, including financial and human resource management, business development, proposal writing, and program oversight.
Rasin Devlopman is looking for someone who is independent, highly motivated, a problem-solver, and detail-oriented. The individual hired must have very strong interpersonal skills and able to effectively articulate the mission and work of the organization. He/she must be organized, a good multi-tasker, and able to work in diverse, and at times, tough working conditions.
The Chief Operating Officer will report to the organization’s executive director.
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Advanced to fluent proficiency in English and French (required); intermediate or above proficiency in Haitian Creole (preferred)
• Manage the day-to-day administration and operation of the organization
• Identify and implement solutions to the administrative and operational weaknesses of the organization in order to increase its efficiency and effectiveness
• Identify new opportunities for funding and procure and cultivate new strategic partnerships
• Preparing proposals and/or developing scopes of work for all engagements
• Discuss operational strategies with staff and provide regular reports to the Executive Director and other key stakeholders
• Oversee human resource management and help set direction for personnel
As Chief Operating Officer, you will have great independence, the ability to influence the growth of the organization and to further your development as a professional. As a member of the Rasin Devlopman team you will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of many. You will be part of an organization that has been serving as an example of strong community-driven development for over a decade. You will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced work environment that will present new and exciting challenges every day. You will get to know a unique, remote part of Haiti and work with extraordinary community leaders and influential actors in Haiti and around the globe.
To apply, please send your resume or CV and a cover letter describing your interest in, and qualifications for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are interested in filling the position immediately and will do so as soon as we find the right candidate, so be sure to get your materials in as soon as possible.
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent)
• A minimum of 10 years of experience working for a non-profit organization and/or in international development
• A minimum of 5 years in a leadership position within a non-profit or for-profit company
• Significant experience fundraising and/or in business development
• A strong understanding of community-driven development
• Strong communication skills (writing and speaking) and ability to influence senior decision makers
• Strong leadership skills
• Motivated to work independently
• Demonstrated success in orchestrating organizational development and change
• An ability to approach situations from a creative point of view (a problem solver)
• Very comfortable using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other common software programs
• Proven ability to work under pressure
A propos de Foundation Rasin Devlopman
RASIN DEVLOPMAN is a Haitian development organization uniquely dedicated to implementing community-driven development activities on the island of La Gonave. Rasin’s mission is to help local authorities and community-based organizations on La Gonave strengthen their organizational management capacity and acquire the financial and material resources needed to improve quality of life on the island. Rasin Devlopman is the Haitian partner organization to ROOTS OF DEVELOPMENT, a dynamic U.S.-based non-profit organization that has been supporting community-driven development efforts in Haiti for over 10 years.