Entreprise: Plan Haiti
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 5 décembre 2011
Publiée le: Nov 17, 2011
Program Director at Plan Haiti
Description du poste:
To develop capabilities in program design, implementation and evaluation among Plan staff and program participants, and to support the achievement of country program goals that are aligned with Plan’s program guide which aims at promoting child rights to end child poverty.
1. Facilitate the design of program related sections of the Country Strategic Plan to ensure quality and relevant programming of Plan activities.
2. Document and disseminate Plan best practices from within Plan and from other organizations to promote quality and learning.
3. Support program staff in program design
4. Support program Unit staff in implementation, ensuring technical support is provided.
5. Facilitate the establishment and implementation of standards of accountability, effectiveness and efficiency in the achievement of Plan's program aimed at promoting child rights to end child poverty.
6. Manage and support in country operations networks for learning and improvement.
7. Manage and develop program staff to improve staff performance.
8. Participate on the Country Management Team (CMT) to support leadership in managing the country’s program.
9. Fulfill Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to ensure children are protected from all forms of abuse.
10. Execute other tasks at the request of the Supervisor within the domain of his/her competence.
• A Master’s degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences or any related area;
• At least 5 years experience in related program management position with solid supervisory support skills.
Skills required for the position:
Demonstrated experience in the delivery of health, education, water & sanitation, grants support management and community development.
Proven experience in a similar senior management level in a reputable international organization similar to Plan
Process management, facilitation, negotiation, people management, information management
Strong leadership skills
Excellent report writing and presentation skills,
Excellent human relations and ability to work with minimum supervision
Good training skills
Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
A propos de Plan Haiti
Plan Haiti an international child centred community development organization, is looking for a dynamic and results oriented person to fill the position of Program Director (Program Support Manager (PSM)). This is a senior management position based in the Country Office, Port au Prince. The position reports directly to the Country Director (CD).
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Plan is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect this.
Female candidates are encouraged