English Language Instructor (ELI)
Entreprise: Haitian Education & Leadership Program
Type de contrat de travail:
Enseignement & Formation
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 9 janvier 2017
Publiée le: Nov 09, 2017
English Language Instructor (ELI) at Haitian Education & Leadership Program
Description du poste:
The English Language Instructor reports to HELP’s English Program Manager and works with other program staff on all aspects of the English program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching 6-8 classes (weekly) using HELP’s English curricula including: planning and preparation, office hours/tutoring, evaluations and attendance (approximately 10 class hours/week and 6 planning/evaluation hours/week)
• Monitoring and evaluating courses and students’ progress, including facilitating the annual standardized English exam
• Reporting (weekly tracking charts, monthly program reports, special event reports)
• Collaborating with other HELP staff on English-focused co- and extra-curricular activities, such as volunteer projects, Saturday Activities, Study Abroad, the In English Please Club, and other student-led initiatives.
• Outreach to guest speakers and institutions that can provide assistance in advancing HELP’s mission
• Responsibilities may also include interviewing students, drafting student profiles, updates for HELP marketing materials and donor reports, and helping students with international study opportunities, etc
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 26th, 2017.
1) Bachelor’s degree
2) Experience in English instruction (Two years, minimum)
3) Strong writing skills
4) Ability to adapt to foreign and possibly difficult environments and situations
5) Sense of initiative, ability to work independently and as part of a team
6) Fluency in spoken and written English. French and Creole are a plus.
7) Experience using the Moodle knowledge platform is an asset.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the positions.
A propos de Haitian Education & Leadership Program
HELP’s mission is to create, through merit- and needs-based scholarships, a community of young professionals and leaders who will promote a more just society in Haiti. HELP’s highly successful program identifies top students throughout Haiti from disadvantaged backgrounds and provides them with the tools and training to fill critical gaps in Haiti’s economy and society. In addition to tuition at internationally accredited universities in Haiti, books, housing, and living stipend, HELP provides advising, internship placement, career services, study abroad opportunities, and mandatory classes in English, Citizenship & Leadership (C&L), and computer literacy. Our 90% employment rate and high salaries for alumni allow graduates to break the cycle of poverty and become leaders in their communities. For more information please visit www.uhelp.net.