Program Advisor Health
Entreprise: Plan Haiti
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 3 novembre 2011
Publiée le: Sep 21, 2011
Program Advisor Health at Plan Haiti
Description du poste:
Provide information, analysis and orientation for an effective and efficient design & implementation of Plan Haiti’s health program. To support the implementation of Health program / projects, capture and disseminate lessons learnt.
- Ensure Health sections of Plan Haiti Country Strategic Plan are aligned with corporate domains, principles and goals.
- Reviews project proposals submitted on Health activities to ensure that they are technically sound
- Facilitate and lead learning process in Health sections from Plan’s own community based experience and from other organizations and institutions.
- Prepare and maintaining a management information system for Health.
- Regular collection of data and analysis, assisting in project planning, program status determination, monitoring and evaluation.
- Networking with other NGOs and institutions active in Health.
- Develop training programs and facilitating training of partner NGOs and project committees
- Develop Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials on health
- Assist in the preparation of grant reports and participate in the follow-up and evaluation of grant-funded projects.
- Submit every quarter, a progress report on the Health program to the PSM
- Each month meet PU staff to discuss progress, identify and find solutions to problems and share program pattern, new directions and submit report to PSM
- Do at least 10 working days field visit per month in the PUs and submit report to PSM
- Execute other tasks at the request of the Supervisor or the CMT within the domain of his/her competence.
Skills specific to the post
- Mastery of the Health system in Haiti
- Strong knowledge of the Rights of Child
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet
- Perfect spoken and written French
- Good written and spoken English
- Creole and Spanish desired
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in Public Health or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience as a Health Worker
- At least 3 years experience in an international organization similar to Plan
A propos de Plan Haiti
Plan Haiti an international child centred community development organization, is looking for a dynamic and results oriented person to fill the position of Program manager Health. This position is based in the Country Office, Port au Prince and reports directly to the Director of Program (Program Support Manager (PSM)).
Plan is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect this.
Female candidates are encouraged