Mobile Technology Officer
Entreprise: Papyrus, S.A.
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 13 novembre 2017
Publiée le: Oct 12, 2017
Mobile Technology Officer at Papyrus, S.A.
Description du poste:
The Smallholder Alliance for Sorghum in Haiti (SMASH) program was conceived by Heineken-owned national brewery, BRANA, to develop the supply of local sorghum to lower its costs, to reduce outlays of foreign currency and boost the local economy. The goal of SMASH is to improve the livelihoods of Haitian farmers through a market-driven approach to increase yields of high-quality locally-grown sorghum to produce malted beverages.
To support building the supply chain, facilitate management decisions through data and optimize its farmer database, SMASH has developed a mobile supply chain management system, called SMASH Mobil, using the open-source technology platform CommCare. Papyrus S.A. is seeking a full-time technology implementation specialist to support the SMASH team for six months (renewable if needed), specifically focused on enabling the deployment, operations, adoption, expansion, and sustainability of SMASH Mobil.
Scope of Work:
The Mobile Technology Officer will be responsible for providing on-the-ground support to the full spectrum of SMASH Mobil users, including extension/ field agents, buying agents, users at the central grain processing facility, SMASH managers, and BRANA. Daily responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
● Develop and deliver a practical implementation strategy to enable the deployment, operations, adoption, expansion, and sustainability of SMASH Mobil.
● Work with the SMASH management team to integrate SMASH Mobil into all relevant program activities
● Provide remote and in-field support to all users to enable appropriate use of the SMASH Mobil system, including the mobile application and web-based reports
● Facilitate training sessions, and select or develop training materials, for various users as needed to strengthen SMASH Mobil use and adoption
● Track, respond to, and resolve technical issues in accordance with the technical support escalation plan
● Visit implementation sites to gather feedback, observe application use, and assess how the system works across the supply chain
● Identify barriers to effective implementation and adoption. Recommend and, when appropriate, implement solutions to remove barriers and improve system use.
● Continuously troubleshoot the system, document potential issues (technical or other)
● Establish protocols and procedures for users when, where and how to use the mobile platform for maximum impact
● Collaborate closely with M&E team to create standard and ad hoc reports and monitor program performance
● Ensure M&E team has access to all data relevant to its reporting duties
● Explore and integrate compatible mobile payments options
● Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field or relevant experience
● Fluent in Haitian Creole and French. Advanced proficiency in English a plus.
● Passionate about mobile technology and learning how to use technologies
● Leadership skills required to motivate, support and train a team of approx. 25 platform users
● Must have excellent organizational skills, be self-motivated, be a team player and detail-oriented
● Experience with leading technology projects or teams, and / or performing data analysis preferred. Experience in agriculture is a plus.
● Experience with CommCare and Tableau or similar data visualization software a plus
● Certification in CommCare Application Building or CommCare Technical Support a plus.
● Must be able to travel frequently to project sites throughout the country.
A propos de Papyrus, S.A.
Papyrus S.A. is a private management firm that prides itself on its lasting results-based approach focused on connecting local and international aspirations. For more information, please visit www.papyrushaiti.comAutres offres d'emploi à Papyrus, S.A.:
- Grants Manager | Management-Gestion
- Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) Expert | Management-Gestion