Entreprise: RTI International
Type de contrat de travail:
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Localisation: Cap Haitien, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 28 avril 2015
Publiée le: Apr 21, 2015
Regional Coordinator at RTI International
Description du poste:
The Regional Coordinator will manage value chain upgrading activities in the north, supporting the USAID LEVE Team Leads, in the Apparel & Textile and Construction Sectors, and possibly the Agricultural Sector. In addition, they will manage the USAID LEVE Cap Haitian office supervising the administrative assistant and driver.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Represent the USAID LEVE project in the North
• Manage the regional office, including systems, supervising and training (no technical staff) staff and human resources systems and procedures,
• Manage financial and accounting systems
• Oversee implementation of value chain upgrading activities in assigned region including:
o Liaising and maintaining relationships with apparel and textile and construction lead firms and stakeholders, communities and private sector organizations
o Participating in multi-stakeholder counterpart teams meetings within the region
o Collaborating with and supporting workforce organizations directly linked to value chain upgrading activities
o Identifying and assessing the capabilities of regional NGOs, CDROs, and other for either HICD support or as grant recipients
o Overseeing regional grantees and developing project management processes as needed
• Contribute to Project Annual Work Planning, quarterly reporting, monitoring and evaluation and other reporting needs as requested.
• Participate in periodic project planning meetings
• Coordinate with regional staff of other education organizations and other donor projects.
• Abide by all environmental, safety, and health guidelines
• MA from a recognized institution in business administration or related field and at least 3 years of experience OR bachelor’s degree and plus 6 years of relevant experience.
• Experience in project management, human resources and/or procurement
• Previous experience working on project implementation in the areas of construction and/or apparel & textile strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience working in Haiti highly desired
• Experience working on USAID-funded projects highly desired
• Proven ability to lead participatory planning processes with communities, ministry partners, and international donors, specifically in the region to be assigned.
• Experience managing and training staff
• Knowledge of local educational challenges throughout the region to be assigned.
• Superior integrity, work habits, organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience managing financial and logistical activities
• Fluency in Creole, French and English
• Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, strong presentation skills
• Willingness to conduct short-term missions throughout the region; and willingness to work on a team.
• Experience working in Cap-Haitian areas is a plus.
Please note that relocation allowances fees are not available.
A propos de RTI International
RTI International (RTI) is one of the world's leading independent, non-profit research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Founded in 1958, RTI now has on-going operations in more than 50 countries, over 3,000 staff worldwide and annual revenue of over $700 million. RTI provides cutting-edge research and technical assistance in a wide range of areas including agriculture, SME finance and development, work force development and global value chains, business environment, impact evaluation, innovation, survey research and statistics. Our experts frequently collaborate across technical areas to utilize the breadth of our institutional capacity and provide superior services to our clients. These include the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation, World Bank, U.K. Department for International Development, foreign governments, private clients, and others.
How to apply
Please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Applicants must include the position title in the subject line of their email. To learn more about RTI and our work in international development, please visit www.rti.org/idg. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.