Deputy Project Manager, Livelihood & Gender Equality Focus
Entreprise: Habitat for Humanity Haiti
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 27 février 2015
Publiée le: Jan 29, 2015
Deputy Project Manager, Livelihood & Gender Equality Focus at Habitat for Humanity Haiti
Description du poste:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Programs, this position of Deputy Project Manager, is responsible for the day to day management of program activities for assigned projects, based in Simon Pele, Port-au-Prince. This position will ensure that the project is implemented with timetable and budget, and various sector activities are integrated and effectively managed to bring greater impact to Habitat partner families and organizations.
In addition to the project management focus (consistent with HFHI standards, policies, procedures and strategic objectives), this position will also ensure that solid livelihood strategies are in place and that gender equality strategies are integrated into each component of the project implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
•Lead and direct the technical and administrative project team.
• Execute and monitor project activities, ensuring that changes to scope, cost and schedule of project work are managed with key project management and stakeholders. Ensuring that donor compliance is implemented and documented.
•Prepare and update project plans and status reports, as per Habitat / donor requirements.
• Coordinate with cross-functional specialists, internal departments and external partners / consultants towards achieving the projects objectives. Facilitating a culture of collaboration and problem solving.
•Participate in project performance review meetings and discussions.
• Ensure that project documentation, including but not limited to, Gantt charts, performance indicators, processes, registration forms, meeting minutes, communications material, etc. are well organized and of high quality.
• Allocate appropriate resources to ensure projects are completed within given time and budget; and that these resources are utilized in the most effective and efficient manner, leading to positive project deliverables / impacts.
• Participate in initiatives to extract lessons from project implementation to further inform the project and lead to organizational learning and capacity building.
•Assist with other tasks when required by direct Supervisor
Livelihoods & Gender Equality
This project has a strong focus on increasing the livelihood opportunities of residence in the target zone of Simon Pele. Responsibilities include:
•Provide strategic direction, advice and oversight on capacity building, training and livelihood programming.
• Is responsible for the overall quality, management and expansion of Habitat livelihoods program and its integration within the larger Habitat Haiti program.
• Provides technical and management guidance and leadership to new and on-going community based livelihood initiatives; including training curriculum development; training implementation; livelihood investment strategies and plans; workforce placement and accompaniment; supporting Micro, Small, Medium sized enterprises.
• Establish and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, representatives from the Government, UN, donors, INGOs, Local NGOS, partner organizations, vocational training organizations, and the private sector towards project objectives.
• Participating in meetings with community organizations and stakeholders to raise awareness of gender equality issues and to develop a joint strategy for increasing women’s participation in trades and addressing gender issues in the construction industry and wider community culture.
• Overseeing the integration of gender equality issues into all project components; ensuring that training curriculum and support materials are gender sensitive and gender inclusive (text and illustrations), and promote women’s equal participation in skilled trades;
• Participating in workshops with trainers and engineers to update existing materials and establish training methodology;
•Participating in meetings with Vocational school to raise the awareness of gender equality issues;
•Liaising with Ministry of Women’s Affairs and Rights to ensure information sharing
*Bachelor's degree in related field. Development studies, project management, livelihoods development, micro-finance, gender mainstreaming preferred.
*Knowledge and experience in the field community development, and improving access for low-income partner families / communities
*5 years of related non-profit experience, including gender mainstreaming, project design and management
*Strategic thinking, strategy setting, visioning capacity
*Operational, program implementation, and management skills
*3+ years of supervisory experience
*Fluency in English/French required; and Haitian Creole prefered
*Excellent interpersonal skills and tenacity
*Proven ability to operate in low-income / unstable communities, by engaging and motivating stakeholders
A propos de Habitat for Humanity Haiti
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI), an international, non-profit Christian ministry dedicated to a world where everyone has a decent place to live, is seeking seasoned professionals for exciting opportunities as part of its efforts to help Haitian families.