Senior Technical Advisor (STA) – Laboratory Strengthening
Entreprise: Institute of Human Virology
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 13 février 2015
Publiée le: Jan 13, 2015
Senior Technical Advisor (STA) – Laboratory Strengthening at Institute of Human Virology
Description du poste:
The Senior Technical Advisor (Laboratory Strengthening) is University of Maryland Baltimore’s Haiti Program overall lead for laboratory systems and management strengthening portfolio in the country. The position provides technical and management guidance and leads laboratory related activities essential for implementation of HIV/AIDS and related illnesses programs in the country. In addition the position will lead laboratory management and supply chain management related scope of work for supporting Laboratoire National de Sante Publique (LNSP) and its external partners and will involve interfacing with several technical and administrative functions within LNSP. The person in this position will also be a critical member of the UMB’s Global Laboratory Technical Team that leads development of global laboratory strategy.
• Work closely with LNSP to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for managing laboratory procurement, commodities forecasting, inventory management, and equipment maintenance
• Collaborate with the director and management team at LNSP to ensure mechanisms and systems are in place to strengthen overall lab operations across functions and management of laboratory testing, and adequate staffing of laboratory services at all levels
• Assist in the development of LNSP strategic and operational plans, guidelines, manuals, training materials, and SOPs
• Establishes, develops, and manages relationships with LNSP, MSPP, vendors, local partner treatment facilities, and other key stakeholders
• Provide technical expertise to the LNSP and other provincial laboratories, when applicable, to continue to improve all the quality assurance programs related to laboratory testing services including: HIV rapid tests, CD4, VL, EID, Malaria, TB, Hematology, and Chemistry
• Provide technical assistance for preparation/review of laboratory policy guidelines, national strategic and implementation plans, training manuals (e.g., quality assurance, referral linkage and assessment), supervision tools, standard operating procedures and other job aids
• Liaise with key stakeholders and vendors in laboratory-related commodity forecasting in order to minimize stock out-related interruption of services in LNSP and facilities supported by University of Maryland.
• Provide technical assistance for strengthening laboratory quality assurance systems across health care facilities implementing HIV/AIDS, TB and related opportunistic infectious illnesses.
• Participate and contribute actively to national technical working groups and work proactively to inform development of laboratory related policies, guidelines and procedures in the country.
• Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in laboratory or health sciences
• At least 5 years of experience working in a clinical laboratory setting that included HIV and TB testing services in Haiti.
• At least 5 years laboratory program management experience, including employee supervision, financial management, program planning, and administrative functions
• Demonstrated knowledge and successful experience of procurement procedures and equipment/supply/stock tracking and inventory
• Experience with laboratory tests and techniques required for the diagnosis and monitoring of the following (but not limited to): HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, STIs, and other infectious diseases.
• High level of proficiency in relevant computer applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint