COMPLIANCE AND GRANTS MANAGEMENT ADVISOR
Entreprise: Institute of Human Virology
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 29 janvier 2015
Publiée le: Dec 29, 2014
COMPLIANCE AND GRANTS MANAGEMENT ADVISOR at Institute of Human Virology
Description du poste:
The University of Maryland-Baltimore/Institute of Human Virology (UMB-IHV) office in Haiti is currently looking for a physician for a Compliance and Grants Management Advisor to build capacity for UMB partners and the field office to ensure that all sponsored programs are implemented following sponsor rules and regulations, university policies, grant specific requirements and Haiti country laws and regulations. The project is based in Port –Au- Prince.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
Grants Management and Compliance
• Serve as principle point of contact on grant management and compliance issues with sub-grantees, UMB, Global Finance and Compliance staff.
• Develop a capacity development program for UMB partners in the country and execute it. Partners will include LNSP and health facilities that receive funding from UMB.
• Ensure access for finance and programming staff to relevant internal UMB and US Government/UK-DFAID/European Union/Other external policy manuals/updates to ensure accountable and efficient program performance.
• Identify compliance gaps and related solutions – including differences between donor and internal UMB policies and procedures, including cost allocation.
• Resolve grant compliance issues that arise with Partners by carrying compliance specific training
Internal Control Assessment
• Lead site visits to partners to assess adequacy of internal controls, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and partner policies and procedures. Report findings to program management including proposed follow-up with sub-grantees based on issues surfaced. Train partners to address identified gaps and risks.
• Organize external firm audits in accordance with grant requirements and in collaboration with the HQ Team
• Provide guidance and support for the timely assessment of partner financial management capacity and ability to adhere to any specific donor requirements. Develop related action plan with program and finance staff to address any capacity/system gaps.
• Ensure that partners have systems of effort reporting and bidding process for procurements in collaboration with the procurement officer.
• Through formal training, on the job support and monitoring, build the capacity of UMB and partner staff in grants/contract compliance. Facilitate the development of Scopes of Work for TDY support as and when needed and monitor TDY performance.
• Lead training to Program/Project Manager and to Partners on budgeting and in coordination and collaboration with Program/Project Managers; provide technical support to finalize Partners’ annual budgets.
• Skilled in working collaboratively with others
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision, including prioritizing work and multi-tasking to meet deadlines.
• Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented.
• Master’s degree in finance, business administration or accounting, required.
• A University degree in accounting, preferred.
• Professional qualification in accounting (ACCA, CPA or equivalent), preferred.
• Minimum seven years relevant work experience w/ NGO, of which three years should be in USG finance and compliance.
• Experience managing USG and/or other donor grant awards.
• Auditing experience, a plus.
• Demonstrated ability in building capacity and providing training and technical assistance, and experience working with church partners.
• Proven ability to be an effective supervisor of staff of varying levels of responsibility.
• Good command of spoken and written English.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and other appropriate software)
• Ability to work independently and under pressure.
• Excellent communication, coaching and facilitation skills.