Entreprise: Pathfinder International
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Petion-Ville, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 2 février 2015
Publiée le: Dec 03, 2014
Communication Officer at Pathfinder International
Description du poste:
The Communication Officer will increase the profile and disseminate the project’s work and messages through planning and implementation of all project communication activities, including fact sheets, success stories, publications, press releases, press briefings, op-ed articles, letters to the editor, etc.
• Manage and prepare for site visits as well as develop related supporting documents for site visits by high-ranking USG delegations including, but not limited to, the US Ambassador, Congressional delegations, and USAID senior management.
• Develop and maintain an electronic library of all public relations materials, photos, press pieces, and other related documents for use by both contractors and USAID. Upon completion of the contract, the complete electronic library shall be turned over to USAID for official filing and archiving. Supporting documentation may be required in both English and French.
• Increase the profile and disseminate the project’s work and messages through planning and implementation of all project communication activities, including (as needed, in English and in French) fact sheets, success stories, publications, press releases, press briefings, op-ed articles, letters to the editor, etc.
• Actively participate in defining the project mission, vision and identity as well as the strategy to achieve the work plans.
• Prepare communication strategies and activities to support meetings and other special events.
• Provide day-to-day management and coordination of communication activities.
• Develop content for publication on Pathfinder’s and other web sites.
• Contribute content for project newsletters in both electronic and print formats.
• Provide training to stakeholders on media relations and work to increase media coverage and attention for the improvement of health systems and its impact on health outcomes.
• Help develop a program to enlist the support of businesses and corporations to advance the project’s mission.
• Write and edit regular and ad hoc reports to USAID.
Liaise with Pathfinder home office on final report preparation and submission.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in public health, education, communication, public policy, international development or related field.
• Minimum of seven years of relevant experience.
• Experience in international development and global health required, knowledge of international programs, strategies, donors and organizations strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing for a variety of mediums.
• Excellent presentation and public communication skills.
• Fluency in English and French required; Haitian Creole preferred.
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience in work that relates to government relations is a plus.
• Ability to network and facilitate strong working relationships between partners.
• Understanding of knowledge management and experience adopting, adapting, and applying knowledge to communicate more effectively.
• Experience developing and maintaining databases preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills and to work as part of a team with varying levels of staff spread across a range of geographic locations.
• Self-starter able to active proactively and independently.
• Experience in organizing and implementing events and programs.
• Ability and willingness to travel In-county.
• Familiarity with the political, social, economic and cultural context of working in Haiti.
Please visit the website link below for further information and to apply:
Or applicants should send cv, copies of certificates and diplomas and cover letter to the following address: 89, angle des rues Dr. Wallon et Villate, Pétion-Ville, Haïti.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
A propos de Pathfinder International
Organization Profile: Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Background: Pathfinder is seeking a Communication Officer candidate for the USAID/Haiti Services de Santé de Qualité pour Haïti (SSQH) project. The overall purpose of the three-year (with the option of a two-year extension) Services de Santé de Qualité pour Haïti (SSQH) project is to improve the health status of the Haitian population. This will be achieved by: (1) increasing utilization of the Ministère de la Santé Publique et de la Population's (MSPP) integrated package of services at the primary care and community levels (particularly in rural or isolated areas); (2) improving the functionality of the USG-supported health referral networks; (3) facilitating sustainable delivery of quality health services through the institutionalization of key management practices at both the facility and community levels; and (4) strengthening departmental health authorities' capacity to manage and monitor service delivery.