Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) Specialist
Entreprise: Pathfinder International
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Petion-Ville, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 15 août 2014
Publiée le: Jul 10, 2014
Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) Specialist at Pathfinder International
Description du poste:
Pathfinder is seeking a Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) Specialist candidate for the USAID/Haiti Services de Santé de Qualité pour Haïti (SSQH) project. The overall purpose of the three-year (with the option of a two-year extension) Services de Santé de Qualité pour Haïti (SSQH) project is to improve the health status of the Haitian population. This will be achieved by: (1) increasing utilization of the Ministère de la Santé Publique et de la Population's (MSPP) integrated package of services at the primary care and community levels (particularly in rural or isolated areas); (2) improving the functionality of the USG-supported health referral networks; (3) facilitating sustainable delivery of quality health services through the institutionalization of key management practices at both the facility and community levels; and (4) strengthening departmental health authorities' capacity to manage and monitor service delivery.
The MNH Specialist provides strategic direction and overall technical leadership for all health systems–related activities. S/he will ensure that integrated, effective and cost-efficient health policies, guidelines and systems are developed and operationalized to ensure both client satisfaction and improved health outcomes. The MNH Specialist will design, implement and monitor all project activities associated with MNH services. S/he will ensure that aid effectiveness is maximized and sustainable after project activities have ended.
• Support the project and MSPP in the design, implementation and monitoring of all MNH activities.
• Lead activities related to identification of barriers to MNH service delivery and innovative approaches to address them.
• Support project monitoring of technical quality of MNH activities.
• Provide support to operationalize health policies, ensure client responsive services and optimal use of government and donor resources.
• Prepare technical documentation and reports related to: project MNH activities; results for donors, government stakeholders and partner organizations.
• Master’s degree in public health policy, international development, health economics or related field.
• 7+ years’ experience implementing mid to large-scale health and/or international development programs in developing and transitioning countries, with at least 5 years’ experience providing hands-on technical assistance in health systems strengthening.
• Extensive experience in international public health management, training and capacity building.
• Recent experience providing technical assistance in health systems strengthening to public, NGO and/or private sector implementing partners in Haiti.
• Ability to develop, implement and monitor policy standards, protocols and guidelines.
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills.
• Solid training and capacity building experience, including curriculum development.
• Firm conceptual and analytical skills as well as the ability to translate data into compelling policy recommendations.
• Ability to lead and facilitate the work of technical teams, as well as to work independently.
• Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Fluency in English, French and Haitian Creole required.
• Ability and willingness to travel In-county as well as to the US Headquarters.
• Familiarity with the political, social, economic and cultural context of working in Haiti.
Applicants should send cv, cover letter and copies of certificates and diplomas to the following address: 89, angle des rues Dr. Wallon et Villate, Pétion-Ville, Haïti, or apply to our website:http://www.pathfinder.org/about-us/careers/employment-opportunies.
A propos de Pathfinder International
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.