Senior Agricultural, Operational, and M&E Specialists
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 17 juillet 2014
Publiée le: Jun 17, 2014
Senior Agricultural, Operational, and M&E Specialists at Fintrac
Description du poste:
Fintrac is a leading US-based agriculture consulting firm with projects in Asia, Africa, and Central America. We are currently recruiting senior technical and managerial team members for an upcoming, multi-year, USAID-funded project in Haiti. The project will focus on increasing smallholder farmers’ income and resiliency in the Port-au-Prince and Saint-Marc corridors. All positions, based in Haiti, are subject to project award to Fintrac.
Agricultural Production Specialist
• Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, plant science or related field is required.
• Fluency in Haitian Creole; spoken and written fluency in English or French, with working ability in both languages is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Haitian agricultural and agronomic context and dynamics at the farm-level
• Demonstrated ability to supervise extension teams
• Proven record of working directly and intensively with farmers/farmer associations to build production capacity
Agribusiness and Markets Specialist
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or related field is required.
• Minimum 10 years of experience managing and/or implementing agribusiness activities in the Caribbean
• Fluency in Haitian Creole is required; spoken and written fluency in English or French, with working ability in both languages is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Haitian context and a proven record of achieving development impacts in a similar environment is required.
Senior Capacity Building Specialist
• Advanced degree in business, management, or related field is required.
• Working ability in Haitian Creole; spoken and written fluency in English or French, with working ability in both languages is required.
• Experience working with institutions and organizations to undergo capacity/competency assessments
• Knowledge of and experience applying the USAID Organizational Capacity Assessment tool
• Demonstrated understanding of the Haitian context and proven record of achieving development impacts in a similar environment is required.
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
• Bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics, public policy, or related field is required.
• Minimum 7+ years of experience managing daily monitoring and evaluation activities including data collection and validation; data quality assessments; baseline collection; and creating and managing performance monitoring plans for USAID projects.
• Proven ability to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data in written and oral form.
• Experience working with donors, private sector, civil society and/or government sectors on monitoring and evaluation programs is required.
• In depth understanding of the Haitian context for agricultural and economic development is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Please email CV with salary history to FintracHaiti@gmail.com. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line.
Only fully-qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities and disabled individuals.
A propos de Fintrac
Fintrac, a woman owned and US-based consulting company, develops agricultural solutions to end hunger and poverty. For more than 20 years, we have worked with local and global partners to increase production, improve postharvest handling, add value, and develop markets and competitive value chains for the world's most vulnerable farmers and communities.