Workforce Specialist- Agriculture
Entreprise: RTI International
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 12 mars 2014
Publiée le: Feb 12, 2014
Workforce Specialist- Agriculture at RTI International
Description du poste:
RTI is recruiting candidates for a large, three-year value chain and enterprise development project in Haiti. The Local Enterprise and Value Enhancement (LEVE) project will increase employment in Haiti through support to MSMEs and the value chains in which they operate. The project will focus on the three development corridors of Cap Haitien, Saint-Marc, and Port-au-Prince, and primarily target three sectors (construction, apparel and textiles, and agribusiness) for broad-based employment generation.
The Agriculture Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support in activities related to this component.
RTI International is currently accepting applications for an Agriculture Specialist that will be responsible for providing technical support in activities related to this component.
• BA in agriculture, horticulture, agribusiness, or similar with five years of experience in the field of agriculture (or Master’s and three years).
• Experience working with agribusinesses to assess their capacity and build the strength of staff (private or public sector experience);
• Experience working with training institutions, and understanding their capacity to provide support and train beneficiaries (farmers, agri-businessmen, etc.);
• Demonstrated understanding of the leading agribusiness sectors in Haiti;
• Demonstrated understanding of local and international standards for agricultural products;
• Spoken and written fluency in English and French;
• Experience with donor-funded projects preferred.
• Compensation will be determined according to the country (specific) scale
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject. *Position is contingent on project award.
A propos de RTI International
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.