Chief of Party
Entreprise: Pathfinder/Service de Sante de Qualite pour Haiti (SSQH)
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 17 février 2014
Publiée le: Jan 17, 2014
Chief of Party at Pathfinder/Service de Sante de Qualite pour Haiti (SSQH)
Description du poste:
Pathfinder International is seeking a Chief of Party for the USAID/Haiti Health Systems Strengthening and Service Delivery project, Services de Santé de Qualité pour Haïti (SSQH). The overall purpose of the three-year (with option of a two-year extension) SSQH project is to improve the health status of the Haitian population, specifically in the areas of HIV and AIDS, family planning and reproductive health, and maternal and child mortality and nutrition. This will be achieved by: (1) increasing utilization of the Ministère de la Santé Publique et de la Population's (MSPP) integrated package of services at the primary care and community levels; (2) improving the functionality of the USG-supported health referral networks; (3) facilitating sustainable delivery of quality health services through the institutionalization of key management practices at both the facility and community levels; and (4) strengthening departmental health authorities' capacity to manage and monitor service delivery.
The Chief of Party (COP) provides strategic leadership and managerial oversight of the administrative, programmatic, technical, and operational aspects of the Project. S/he oversees the day-to-day work of the project and is responsible for the effective use and deployment of staff and financial resources to achieve project targets. The COP is accountable for all aspects of the Project’s effective management, including financial and budgetary oversight, timely implementation of activities, and stakeholder relationship management. The COP prominently positions Pathfinder as a leader in global health technical areas and as a successful partner in the development and cost effective implementation of donor-funded programs. S/he is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with USAID and other donors, Government agencies, and other programs operating in Haiti.
• Provide strategic direction of all project activities. Develop and update the project strategic plan, ensuring that programmatic directions are technically sound, evidence-based, and consistent with USAID priorities.
• Ensure that project performance objectives and mandates are implemented in a timely fashion and meet the highest quality standards.
• Provide leadership and direction to Monitoring and Evaluation strategies, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance and results. Lead a periodic implementation review process to monitor progress and to identify specific actions that may be needed to achieve expected results.
• Cultivate and strengthen positive, productive relationships with the Government of Haiti ensuring that Pathfinder is consistently viewed as an effective implementing partner achieving project targets.
• Manage and coordinate activities of subcontractors and partners to create synergy and ensure that project responsibilities are carried out in accordance with donor regulations.
• Employ management procedures to ensure resources are in place, adhered to, and in compliance with donor rules and regulations. Select, hire, and supervise staff; assign roles and responsibilities, manage performance.
• Oversee budget pipeline development and monitoring and conduct monthly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of finance deliverables.
• In collaboration with project staff, establish and maintain the ongoing administrative and financial operations, ensuring compliance with Pathfinder’s policy and USAID contract provisions.
• In coordination with the Pathfinder Contracts Officer, contract with and manage local individuals/ organizations for identified tasks according to donor and Pathfinder procedures. Negotiate consultancy agreements and develop capacity of local partners in mandated program areas.
• Partner successfully with Pathfinder’s Program Director and Headquarters financial, technical, and operations officers by providing accurate and timely reporting and updates on the project progress.
• Ensure that appropriate security guidelines and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly, and adhered to by staff. Monitor the security situation and provide leadership for staff in emergencies.
• Advanced degree (MD, MPH, PhD) in Public Health or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of primary health care with in-depth technical knowledge of implementing maternal and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS and other infectious disease programs.
• At least 5 years of experience in managing donor-funded projects and in the design and implementation of overseas health projects; preferably in the Caribbean.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in the management of a results-based financing program in public health.
• The ability to perform at a senior policy level, demonstrated by previous experience in leading the development and implementation of primary health care programs.
• Demonstrated experience in health service delivery and institution strengthening of local organizations.
• Technical expertise in HIV and AIDS, family planning and reproductive, maternal and child health, water sanitation and nutrition, health systems strengthening and capacity building.
• Broad understanding of comprehensive health systems, health, population, and nutrition context in Haiti.
• Experience managing and leading USAID-funded health programming including familiarity with US Government administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems.
• Strong background in health systems strengthening, and community-based approaches for service delivery and experience working with partners and stakeholders at all levels (from national to community).
• Demonstrated experience successfully fulfilling performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
• Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior-level personnel in international organizations, NGO partners, FBOs, host country governments, U.S. Government Agencies and senior members of the Haitian donor community.
• Direct senior staff supervision experience required, including proven ability to manage, motivate, and mentor staff at all levels and create a positive team environment.
• Experience working with complex programs involving short deadlines, multiple tasks, in coordination with multiple partners, to achieve expected results.
• Strong presentation skills including the ability to present to USAID and other key stakeholders.
• Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Fluency in spoken and written English and French (tested FSI R4/S4).
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability and willingness to travel In-county as well as to the US Headquarters.
• Working knowledge of the political, social, economic and cultural environment of working in Haiti.
• Additional proficiency in Haitian Creole would be an asset.
A propos de Pathfinder/Service de Sante de Qualite pour Haiti (SSQH)
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.