Type de contrat de travail:
Contrat à durée indéterminée
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 27 décembre 2013
Publiée le: Nov 27, 2013
Program Coordinator at Technoserve
Description du poste:
TechnoServe is seeking an experienced Program coordinator for an IDB/Haitian Government-funded project in Haiti. The programs’ objectives are to strengthen Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (MSMEs) by providing Business Consulting and Training services to eligible MSMEs with the objective of: a) improving access to credit and b) building capacity in within their management, technical and commercial divisions to maximize the efficiency of their investments and ultimately their ability to service their debt. TechnoServe will provide capacity building services to specialized divisions within the Haitian Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MCI) entrusted with running these programs.
The program has three components:
1. Business Development and Services(BDS) Training to eligible MSMEs
2. Technical assistance and training to BDTS providers as well as Local Financial Institutions (LFIs) participating in the program;
3. Technical assistance to support the implementation of the program
• Ensure the success of the goals and objectives of technical assistance and training to BDS providers as well as IFLs in the program ;
• Provide support to MCI for the preparation of Annual Work Plans , their semi-annual updates and mid-year report Progress ;
• Provide support to MCI to identify and determine local BDTS providers and LFIs offering credit to MSMEs in the program ;
• Support the MCI in promoting technical assistance and training to BDS providers and LFIs ;
• Define the types of services that will be offered to local BDS providers and LFIs ;
• Review the quality of technical proposals for technical assistance and training services to be provided ;
• Supervise, coordinate and evaluate together with the beneficiary companies , the performance of individual consultants and/or consulting firms ;
• Keep an updated record of all businesses that have implemented the program and those who received support , as well as projects that are being managed in their respective components ;
• Prepare periodic progress reports of the BDS providers ;
• Prepare information required for projects seeking a non-refundable financial support ;
• Develop and implement a strategy to achieve sustainability;
• Conduct all activities under the Rules of Operations ( RO ) and/or are required by the Technical Program Manager or MCI ;
• Develop and propose for approval a methodology for the selection of eligible BDS providers for the program ;
• Support the design, implementation and management of the Registry of BDS Providers ;
• Identify highly specialized BDS providers in external markets where providers with this level of expertise are not available on the local market;
• Advanced degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant field,
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of private sector development experience involving both public and private sector entities,
• Demonstrated experience in private sector project development with specific consulting experience to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises involving public and private-sector groups and, in particular, formal and informal financial systems. Specifically he/she should have experience in the definition, design and implementation of technical assistance and support programs to MSMEs focusing on organizational development and general management.
• Previous successful experience mentoring and building capacity of staff, results driven
• Experience working in Haiti required
• Oral and written fluency in French
Qualified and interested applicants should apply via their Job509 account or submit a single Word-formatted document consisting of cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. No phone calls please.
Salary commensurate with experience.
A propos de Technoserve
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that hardworking people can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.