Senior National Technical Expert - Community and Youth Development
Entreprise: CFET S.A.
Type de contrat de travail:
Localisation: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Date d'embauche: 24 août 2013
Publiée le: Jul 24, 2013
Senior National Technical Expert - Community and Youth Development at CFET S.A.
Description du poste:
1. Lead the development and support the implementation of the organisation's community and youth development strategy and community participation framework.
2. Lead the design of community and youth development projects, including conducting capacity building and community stakeholder mapping, assessments and community training programs in close coordination with the programs managers and key staff.
3. Develop, plan and coordinate the community and youth development work plans with program staff, review and evaluate work methods and procedures in partnership with program managers.
4. Provide high quality technical support to field program teams working under LAMIKA, Gran Nò Pi Djamn and PrevSida in implementing community and youth development activities.
5. Liaise with the Beneficiary Communications and the Accountability to Beneficiaries’ teams to ensure that information regarding community and youth development is well shared and understood among the teams and within the community.
6. Provide guidance and support to programs staff with community and youth development teams in order to ensure that work plan is followed by the teams and progression is being made.
7. Support the Programs managers to ensure that good connections are maintained with relevant community stakeholders and the various groups within the communities.
8. Support the Programs managers to ensure that that Accountability to Beneficiaries team is kept updated by program staff about all activities implemented in the communities in the objective to warrant that AtB minimum standards are met.
9. Identify and develop partnerships and relationships, ensuring regular engagement and coordination, with relevant partners in local government, civil society and international NGOs
10. Collaborate closely with Program managers and technical advisors (both at delegation and headquarters level) to ensure that the community and youth development strategy and activities are aligned with the organisation's integrated approach.
• Must have a Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities.
• Must have a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience community and youth development (i.e. community mobilization, community development, capacity building and youth empowerment) preferably in an I/NGO.
• Prior experience in developing gender thematic strategies and supporting cross-cutting research and advocacy work around the gender theme or a least being exposed to the gender theme.
• Proven managerial experience through prior work in accountability, community communications, community and youth development or mobilization and holding positions of responsibility.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with communities, government and other stakeholders at local level.
• Strong understanding of two-way beneficiary communications and accountability
• Experience working in participatory community processes
• Experience leading participatory monitoring processes
• Experience in training, facilitating focus group discussions, community consultation
• Experience working with community media
• Excellent command in Microsoft Office programs
• Willingness to learn and innovate, flexibility, dedication and creativity.
• Sound report writing, interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills.
• Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
• Experience working for an international humanitarian organization, preferably in community development
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities
• Strong English speaking and report writing skills
• Experience conceiving and delivering trainings for staff and community members
This position is solely open to Haitian Nationals.
Please note that due to high volume of applications, ONLY short-listed for interviews candidates will be notified.
A propos de CFET S.A.
CFET S.A. is private Human Resource and Development firm established in Haiti since October 1988, and has a solid experience in designing and implementing planned recruitment strategies, customized training, curriculum and teaching materials development.
CFET S.A.’s mission is to contribute to the improvement of worker’s performance and to facilitate access to a talent pool whose skills and character responds to employers’ needs and codes of ethics. We operate in a world in constant change, characterized by the need to harmonize cultural diversity and universality of skills and the need to prioritize skilled over cheap workforce.